Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Out of my car


NYC Bicycle Commuter, 5th Ave. @ 58th St.
Originally uploaded by bicyclesonly

The mayor of Seattle has asked nicely for Seattleites to get out of our cars this summer, and with gas at $4.40 a gallon, I'm happy to do so. To this end, I'll be looking for every opportunity to ride my bike, walk, or take the bus (though the annual bus pass my residency gave me expired, and I'm unemployed for the summer).

Also, because I'm a nerd and a slave to data, I'll keep track of the miles I've driven. Might inspire me to drive less, or at least to have to justify my driving habit.

I'll begin this effort by driving my mom and Jim to the airport (they won't fit in the Burley trailer), then I'll bring the car home, park it, and take my bike out for the rest of the day.

No comments: