Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday

Today was my first day--weekday--of not having any kind of work responsibilities. That said, I did get paged about work, which was fine. Sort of. Well...

I run the risk of sitting inside reading blogs all day, so I made a plan to get out of the house and go grocery shopping. Twist: no car, only bike and trailer. I figured I can get two kids and their stuff in there, so I should be able to get groceries in, too. The grocery store is only three miles south, with some good hills along the way. And it went well. The groceries weigh about what Zoe & Elliott weigh, but they move around less and the milk does not accost the pasta the way Zoe does to her sister. So it's relatively safe.

Lots of people ready to smile at kids in the Burley, only to see two gallons of milk staring back at them. Not so cute.

I did a bunch of stuff at home, then headed out in the other direction to get blood drawn for my new job; must prove I'm immune to measles, mumps, rubella, etc, and documenting that I've been immunized isn't adequate. So I got another ride in. Sticky hot, by that time, though.

So the drive report says:
  • No trips, no miles
Hopefully lots more days like this ahead.