Thursday, July 24, 2008

Introducing the Colman Triangle

My local polygon has joined the much-hyped neighborhood blogosphere.

At a recent community meeting called to discuss arson, vandalism, and other feel-good subjects, we took some time to talk about how we might connect better. We planned to come together, again, for Seattle's Night Out event, and also to create a team blog for the neighborhood. I am thoroughly addicted to several of Seattle's neighborhood blogs: the Central District News, Rainier Valley Post, Miller Park, Capitol Hill, B-Town (Burien) Blog, West Seattle Blog, and Mid-Beacon Hill...for starters. There are more.

Neighborhood blogs have become a great source of local information, sharing news other local media don't cover (and I don't watch television or listen to commercial radio, so I'm limited to newspapers, electronic and echt, and public radio.

Our new local blog is called the Colman Triangle News. I'm not sure yet how we'll use it. Hopefully we'll follow the good lessons of other successful, local efforts. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be fun.



View Larger Map