Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Guitar

Many thanks to Joe, my friend and mentor, who took me out to the Guitar Center last night to help me buy...a guitar (I was tempted by a few drums, though). I am a total novice with the guitar: I know three chords and my fingertips are soft and callus-less. For now. Joe and I sat with several guitars, playing "Little Boxes" using the chords I can play, and eventually settled on a Yamaha, reasonable price.



I stayed up last night playing my three chords, watching videos of people playing guitar, and wondering when my fingers might start to bleed. I also spent some time reading Fretboard Logic, the book recommended to me by Guitar Center dude for learning the "reasoning behind the guitar's unique tuning." The book is good...logical. I'll work on the first chapter, learning the basic open chords, until my fingers can't take it anymore.

I don't anticipate posting any videos of me playing guitar. Nobody wants that.