Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Fifth of July

I took today off as an extension of yesterday's holiday--a mini-weekend right in the middle of the week. I started with Zoë's swim lesson at Safe & Sound this morning. I'm so proud of how brave she is in the water, especially putting her head under and jumping in--fearless. The goodbye was predictably tearful for us both as I put her on the school bus back to daycare. I suppose I could have taken her home and spent the day with her, if parting was so difficult...

Instead, I spent a glorious day with no children and no responsibilities. I ran two loops around Seward Park, bought salmon for dinner, blueberries, and mangoes at PCC, dropped my groceries at home and rushed out for an afternoon under the sun at the lake. Magnificent. My book and I had a fantastic time. My feet were having a great time when I snapped this picture, but if you ask them now, they'd tell you the time would have been a little bit better with sunscreen.